Sunday, February 7, 2010

Olympic flame

The long days at Powder Mountain have been keeping me busy the past months leaving my blogs less frequent. Since my last blog I have involved myself with numerous side projects and shoots such as film stills for "Dynasty Bro productions" latest short film "Forever" with Director Jonathan Endo. I also have been shooting events for a local body painter "Benjiman" supplying some impressive visuals for the whistler night scene. I have also accumulated a bunch of new amazing powder action shots from catskiing. These shots will all be updated and posted soon!

But for now my attention is shifting towards the 2010 olympic winter games! The Olympic torch came through whistler the other night in a wave of celebration. The biggest crowd I have ever seen in Whistler arrived to witness this monumental moment. The flame was carried by foot, car, snowmobile, and finally skied down into skiers plaza where a massive crowd cheered. I have been skeptical about the games leading up to the games but it was at that moment where I realized that the games were here and it was time to embrace this historical experience. The people were united and the crowds brought a great energy. I realized that beneath all the corporate sponsors, overspending, security paranoia, military presence, petty politics and controversial issues looming like a cloud over the games, there is still the olympic spirit embedded and in us all as we unite and celebrate.






to see the rest of my shots click here

No comments:

Post a Comment